Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 May 2011

The Businessman.............



He stands there all alone,
His eyes look so much pained,
He is a tough, strong man,
But in his life, up until now, what has he gained…?
He had the children he so, so wanted,
Their mother he so much loved,
He wanted to put the world at their feet,
But now, away he had been shoved…
He had a dream,
He saw their future bright,
For this he forgot himself,
For them, worked day and night…
He gave them all they asked for,
A lot, that they didn’t,
And he turned himself into a machine,
Careless of the warnings he was bidden…
Ceaselessly he labored,
Without an end he worked,
He shut the mouths of those,
At his failure, who had smirked…
For he did not want his children,
To see any kind of regret,
To have any kind of complex,
Secure and safe, he wanted them to get…
Now that they had grown up,
So confident they are,
But he is being blamed,
What has he done for this mutiny to start…?
He loved them beyond words,
He had done all he could,
And he until he has the stamina,
He certainly, surely would…
But now he simply stands there,
Trying to figure it out,
He is erupting inside,
And he can’t even shout…!
He thinks, I gave them so much,
I loved them to the end,
Was my fault the fact,
Birthday cards I forgot to send…?
Those I love so much, stand there together,
They stand so close,
Yet I can’t touch them,
So true is this prose…
When I began I was alone,
I worked day and night for you,
Now when it’s my turn for getting, my turn to obtain,
I find that like all the others, you have left me too…

Neesaun Naveed

No comments:

Post a Comment